Hello Insurance Adjuster Michael,
I have included the insurance carrier’s risk on this email transmission. In response to your call earlier today to Integrity Roofing and Painting, LLC I will explain how we protected your property risk from further damage and why we need to be compensated for our scope and pricing. First, we began our communication with Liberty Mutual on October 16, 2016 and it has taken over one month before Liberty Mutual responded to our supplement request.
Objective data in this storm:
1. This is the largest storm in Colorado Springs history.
2. It has taken 6 weeks to have materials delivered.
3. Integrity Roofing and Painting, LLC is the second largest roofing company in the area based upon roof permit volume.
4. Integrity Roofing and Painting, LLC is comprised of roofers, contractors, administrators, a former adjuster and former insurance agent staffer.
5. It is the fiduciary responsibility of the insurer’s risk to mitigate against further loss.
6. The hail damage detrimentally impacted the shingles to where the water shedding ability was not only diminished, but it was compromised to where the risk may have sustained major interior damage if the roof came under a major snow load, therefore we valiantly replaced the roof to protect against further damage.
7. Liberty Mutual took one month to respond to our supplement request and if we would have waited for your response before we ordered materials and scheduled than this roof may have sustained major damage.
8. If we waited for Liberty Mutual to approved the supplement on November 17 than the roof would not have been installed this year. It may have sustained major damage from leakage do to snow loads and freeze and thaw cycles.
9. Liberty Mutual can maintain their position to hold to the letter of the law or they can supplement the claim based upon our integrity.
We use present day fair market value pricing which is found in Xactimate. Liberty Mutual is adjusting prices within Xactimate unfairly by stating that we should use MAD SKY. This is an unfair business trade practice and is not sustainable. It should not be long before this is abolished for it appears that this practice may violate fair trade practices. It currently is our understanding that an insurance carrier may not direct a contractor to belong to a program in order to provide services unless it is written into the insurance contract. From conversations with Liberty Mutual adjusters it doesn’t appear that MAD SKY is part of the insurance policy/contract. Integrity Roofing and Painting, LLC is requesting that Liberty Mutual pay our scope and pricing for we are heroes and ultimately protected this property from damage.
Liberty Mutual on the other hand took too long to respond to our initial request and would have placed their client at risk, however the contract states that it would have been the insureds fault if she did not mitigate against further loss, therefore we intervened and did the just thing.
Integrity Roofing and Painting, LLC is compromised of restoration professionals who do not claim to be insurance adjusters nor insurance claims experts. In addition, we are not attorneys. We are homeowner’s advocates and serve our clients by restoring their homes to pre-storm condition. Everyone needs to work together to take care of Colorado Springs during this time of need.
Sincerely, Integrity Roofing and Painting, LLC
By: Jerry Fristoe, Managing Member, Sr Appraiser