Consumer Roofing Checklist from the Colorado Roofing Association
- Only accept bids from local contractors.
- Only accept bids with price, scope of work & materials written on them.
- Homeowners have a 72-hour rescission/cancellation period.
- Never sign anything that has a cancellation fee.
- Make sure contractor has Workmens’ Comp. & General Liability Insurance.
- Make sure the roofer pulls a building permit and has the new roof inspected.
- It is illegal for a contractor to offer to pay, waive or rebate your deductible